Monday, August 17, 2009

Packing

Just over 2 weeks to go! I am done with work now and focusing on packing and other preparations. Things are going okay packing wise... I occasionally freak out that I have nothing and won't be prepared but remind myself that I don't need much. And there are post offices in Micronesia so if I forget anything it is not the end of the world. I ordered a watch off Amazon and it is in Russian... mishaps like this are not helping my stress level. I also don't know what my living situation will be like exactly so it is difficult to pack in some ways. (Will I have electricity? Will I have plumbing? etc.)

My family and friends are throwing me a going away party this Saturday which I am very excited about! Friends from high school, college, and study abroad are coming so it should be a great time. I can't wait to see everyone.

Oh, and fun new realization about my flight there.... on the 10 1/2 hour flight from Honolulu to Pohnpei there are 3 stops. I think I will probably be able to stay on the plane and they are just dropping off passengers on other islands, but still, that is a lot of take-offs and landings!

No comments:

Post a Comment